Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Big Day


Yesterday was ceremony day. Alison was already here helping me with my decluttering. Rachel met us at the Registry Office in town. Alison and I were suitably serious and subdued. Rachel turned up with a flag and a helium balloon - god bless her. The ceremony was suitably brief and to the point but said all the right things. I was so pleased. We went out for tea afterwards and then dispersed. I was proud to come home on the bus with my helium balloon. Last night was book club. Norma produced bubbly and everyone sang, "For She's a Jolly Good Fellow". I love my friends.

                                        Me with important man who presented the Certificate

                                                       Me with favourite helium balloon

                                                        Rachel brought the accoutrements

Alison and her British mother

1 comment: